With over 95% of property sales conducted via a real estate agent, it’s worth considering who you have looking out for your interests. Here are five reasons you should consider using a buyer’s agent.
- A buyer’s agent works exclusively for the buyer. A real estate agent is employed by the vendor to work in their best interests and it makes sense for the buyer to have equal representation and to have their interests protected. Whilst some real estate agents are very good at dealing with buyers, they cannot offer unbiased advice as they have a clear conflict of interest.
- Save you money. A buyer’s agent is an industry expert and their local market knowledge and research can save you money. They know how to identify the good properties from the not so good and they can ensure that impulsive emotional decisions are not made.They are licensed real estate agents with strong negotiation skills that can help you secure the right property for the right price with the right terms.
- Widen your property options. Buyer’s agents are constantly growing their network and as such can provide you with access to “off-market” properties that you would not have otherwise known about. Furthermore, they often know about properties soon to hit the market so that you can be one step ahead of the competition.
- Save you time. Searching for a property can become an all-consuming task. A buyer’s agent gives you your weekends back by doing all the research and groundwork for you. They can inspect properties on your behalf so that you are only informed of those that actually suit your requirements. With their skill set, they are also more equipped to find you your dream home sooner.
- Save you stress. Buying a home can be about as nerve-racking as it gets. It’s emotional, exhausting and can be extremely disheartening. A buyers’ agent’s job is to make the process as hassle-free as possible for you.